Toros will be making significant contributions to this year’s American Psychology Association (APA) annual convention, held from August 12-14 online.
The CSUDH President Thomas A. Parham will be a keynote speaker. Heralded as “one of our most courageous voices,” Parham will be presenting “Leading vs. Managing: Courageous Postures Amid Cultural Legacies,” touching on higher education, leadership for people of color, and the challenges of cultural traditions that contrast management norms.
CSUDH faculty and students will also be showcasing their expertise, via the convention’s on-demand sessions.
Symposium: Fake News: A Historical Analysis and a Snapshot of Attitudes and Behaviors in the United States
- Chair: Professor of Psychology Tara Victor
- Participant/1st Author: Professor of Psychology Mark Carrier – How People Interact with False Online Information
- Participant/1st Author: Professor of Communications Nancy Cheever – Attitudes and Behaviors Related to False Online Information
Learn more about the CSUDH faculty’s research on fake news.
Presentation: Is a Person’s Implicit Alcohol Recovery Identity Different from Their Implicit Drinking Identity?
- Anita Kapila
- Alicia M. Smith
- Nicole C. Figueroa-Sierra
- Denise Y. Aguiluz
- Limor H. Vink
- Diorlene Arca
- Bryan J. Almeida
- Assistant Professor of Psychology Kevin S. Montes