What: “Innovation Summit All Comers Fast Pitch Competition”
When: Wednesday, June 13, 1 to 5 p.m.
Where: California State University, Dominguez Hills, Welch Hall, D-165, in the Claudia Hampton Lecture Hall. Use parking Lot 3. The university is located at 1000 E. Victoria Street, Carson, CA 90747. Click here for directions and a printable campus map.
Summary: California State University, Dominguez Hills’ Innovation Incubator will host the Innovation Summit All Comers Fast Pitch Competition on June 13, from 1 to 5 p.m., providing entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of expert judges while gaining valuable feedback and advice about their ventures.
Nearly a dozen entrepreneurs will present their business ideas to renowned local business leaders in two categories: “all comers” and “non-profit.” The competitors will compete for several cash prizes and the winners in each category will receive entry into the Innovation Incubator’s 90-day Fast Start program, and all finalists will be offered admission in the free Hatchery Innovation Program to help them test and prove their business concepts.
Milton S. Herring, councilmember for the City of Torrance.
Panel of Judges:
- Iosefa Alofaituli, regional director of Opportunity Fund. Alofaituli leads the non-profit organization’s development and brand awareness efforts in Southern California.
- Roger Ignon, founder and CEO (retired) of Edge Systems, is a worldwide leader in medical and spa esthetic products, an angel investor, and an Innovation Incubator advisory board member.
- Mark T. Hiraide, a corporate and securities partner with Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp in Los Angeles.
- Makus Biegel, SVP for Business Development at Allied Protection Services, and city commissioner for the City of Carson.
- Jim Cragg, president, CEO and founder of S.O.Tech/Special Operations Technologies, a service for military and law enforcement personnel who require custom designed tactical gear for individual mission requirements.
- Claudia Morales, executive director of RootDown LA.
- Deb Ferber, CSU Fullerton professor, entrepreneur and angel investor.
- Philip Stinis, CSU Fullerton entrepreneur-in-residence and co-founder of the Fullerton Startup Incubator
- Hershell Hardimon, a Navy veteran and the adviser for CSUDH’s Veteran’s Project.
- Brodie Childers, entrepreneur and founder of Bad Penguin Inc.
About California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills, centrally located in the greater Los Angeles South Bay region, is a model urban university with a wide range of academic programming, providing accessible, high quality, and transformative education to students aspiring to succeed and thrive in a complex, global society. Since 1960, CSU Dominguez Hills has served a diverse community of learners and educators collaborating to change lives and communities for the better. A national model and laboratory for student success, the university offers a proven path to opportunity and social equity, advancing a college-focused culture in the communities it serves while providing vital resources of knowledge, talent, and leadership to the greater Los Angeles region and beyond. Today, CSU Dominguez Hills boasts over 100,000 alumni – doctors, scientists, engineers, educators, entrepreneurs – who are leaders in education, health, technology, entertainment, public service, and business, making a difference in their fields, in people’s lives, and in their communities. For more information, visit www.csudh.edu.